Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Amanda Palmer

This was an excellent show! One of the best I have been to in a long time.


The intro was amazing! The whole concept behind this project, aptly titled "Who Killed Amanda Palmer" is based on graffiti under a bridge in Boston that read "If you see Amanda Palmer in the street, kill her" under which someone wrote "That way she'll live forever". To kick of the show the intro/description was narrated by Neil Gaiman. Here's a little video:
video

After the narration, Amanda came out in a wedding dress/death shroud-esqe costume, was hoisted in the air and began some mean piano playing! Her first song was Astronaut, which is one of my favorites and my daughter's most favorite. I wasn't sure how the set would sound with just piano and all but I was blown away! It sounded full and rumbled my body!
video

(I decided to go ahead and post this since it has been in my drafts for a long time and I am obviously never going to get around to finishing it.)

No comments: