Wednesday, April 18, 2007

sleep=medication, art and organizing=therapy

Last night I made the mistake of going to bed at 8pm and woke up at 3am unable to go back to sleep. My mind was racing, so I found a few activities to keep myself busy and not focus on all the thoughts swimming around in my head. First, i cleaned out my desk and organized my bills and office supplies. I find it strange that such things relax me, but they do. My desk is old with claw feet and was a gift from my grandmother. I polished the wood and it looking so nice really made me feel good. I then cleared of all my cork boards that fill the walls around my desk. These quickly get covered in art and design projects and I thought the empty space might inspire me to make more art, which is always a good thing.

I still wasn't tired so I decided to get crafty. I bought Phaedra some plain t-shirts and I decided to decorate them. Here is the shirt I made her:


I also made a shirt for my paramore, because he was so good to me last night and cooked dinner and gave Phaedra her bath so I could relax from my hard day. Here it is:

No comments: