Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Kitchen





I have begun spring cleaning on my two days off from work. I have a big break from work next week and I hope to get the house clean and sparkling while spending some time with my daughter. Yesterday, I got the kitchen in tip top shape. We have lived here for almost a year and I have decided it is time to get everything painted and the shelves hung so the plethora of books can finally leave the boxes in my attic. I am quite proud of the kitchen, so I am going to post some pictures for you :)

My boyfriend painted and we chose this color called "chinese yellow". We were scared to use so much yellow, but I absolutely love the way it turned out.



The inspiration was the "We Can Do It" print. I love pin-up art, war art and airplane nose art and the kitchen seemed like a nice place to use that motif. When I moved my old boss bought me a clock with the "We Can Do It" picture. I love it.

Another quirk about my kitchen is that all of my plates do not match. I have collected single plates in the blue and yellow motif because that color combo makes me happy.

Another strange bit of info... because of my last name, I collect Campbell's Soup memorabilla. It's nice because it adds a slpash of red to my color scheme.






1 comment:

zeelibrarian said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! It sounds awesome.